Tuesday 15 November 2016

Flaky Tuna Puff

I had a long long long day... and really, all I wanted to just put up feet and will the day away... And really, I could afford to that. I had easily 4 hours to myself and veg-ing if I want to. But then, I am also someone who don't believe in idling. My itchy hand start raiding my pantry and my quick scan land on a can of Tuna. I thought, well I could do a Tuna puff, that should could me occupied. Rolling my sleeves and I get busy chopping onions and what not, pull out the pastry puff that I bought 2 days ago from the fridge and in a matter of minutes I am like , done! My simple Tuna fillings are:

Items needed:
1 can of Tuna chunks (good for 9 pcs of Puff)
1 pc of onion (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp of curry powder 
a few curry leaves (for aroma) 
2 pcs of bell peppers (diced)
salt season to taste
A roll of puff pastry 
1 egg for egg wash

Steps:
1 tbsp of oil (you really need min oil otherwise your pastry will get too oily)
throw in the onion, garlics and curry leaves, stir for a good 30-40 secs
Add in the curry powder and stir for a bit before adding the Tuna. Keep on stirring so that it does not stick. Lastly, add in the bell peppers and season to taste. Let it cool and in the moment, you can pre-heat your oven. Start unrolling the pastry puff, slice into half, and spoon in the Tuna. Press the edges gently with fork so that it is seal. Brush egg wash over it and bake for 10-12 mins, for 180 deg. Of course, varies from oven to oven. 

Ready for baking! Don't forget to poke few holes so the puff would not sink once baked!

Finish Goods!!


Enjoy and have fun trying this simple snack!!





No comments:

Post a Comment